FEATURES AND PROCEDURES
MAY MADNESS RAFFLE
A. The theme and name of the game:
The name of this game is MAY MADNESS RAFFLE. It is a game in which the player purchases a unique six-digit number from one (000001) to one hundred thousand (100000). By purchasing a MAY MADNESS RAFFLE ticket, a player agrees to select the next number in sequence as determined by the lottery gaming system.
The winning numbers are randomly selected by a drawing. Set prizes are awarded in four (4) prize categories for exactly matching any six-digit number drawn in that category.
The game shall start on May 1, 2023.
For the purposes of the Lottery’s Retailer Performance Program, this game is considered a jackpot game.
B. The price of tickets:
- The price of a ticket is five dollars ($5.00), or such other price as set by the Lottery Division Administrator, which entitles the purchaser to enter one play (a six-digit number from one (000001) to one hundred thousand (100000)) in the drawing for which the ticket is purchased.
- Tickets are only available for one (1) drawing.
- Tickets cannot be cancelled, and there are no refunds. It is the sole responsibility of the player to verify the accuracy of the game plays. All plays are assigned by the computer at the time of purchase.
- A Lottery Retailer, group of Lottery Retailers, or the Lottery itself shall not directly or knowingly sell a play or combination of plays to any person or entity that would guarantee such purchaser a Top Prize win. A player or group of players shall not directly or knowingly purchase a play or combination of plays that would guarantee such purchaser a Top Prize win.
C. The prize structure, including the number and value of prizes:
- All prizes are funded out of the tickets purchased with additional prize reserve funds used only if less than half the tickets are sold at game end. Approximately fifty percent (50.0%) of each dollar played is allocated to prizes. Prizes are awarded as follows:
|1||1:100,000||Set prize of $75,000 for the valid game play which exactly matches the winning number drawn in that prize category.|
|3||1:33,334||Set prize of $10,000 for each valid game play which exactly matches any of the three winning numbers drawn in that prize category.|
|40||1:2,500||Set prize of $1,000 for each valid game play which exactly matches any of the forty winning numbers drawn in that prize category.|
|1050||1:96||Set prize of $100 for each valid game play which exactly matches any of the one thousand and fifty winning numbers drawn in that prize category.|
- Each six-digit number in this game is unique and shall appear on only one ticket. Consequently, there is a maximum of one hundred thousand (100,000) tickets in this game. When and if all one hundred thousand (100,000) tickets are generated on the lottery gaming system, no further tickets will be sold by the Lottery.
- Any ticket that is not generated on the lottery gaming system by the draw break shall not be included in the drawing.
D. The frequency of drawings:
The one drawing will be held on June 5, 2023. Tickets for the drawing may not be sold after 11:59:59 PM on June 4, 2023. The drawing date and time may be changed by the Lottery Division Administrator to meet the operational needs of the Lottery.
For a period of time, at the discretion of the Lottery Division Administrator, MAY MADNESS RAFFLE tickets may count towards entry in Super 2nd Chance drawings. The Wisconsin Lottery will not be responsible for any neglect, failure, or omission on the part of the U.S. Postal Service or any other delivery or courier service used to deliver a player's Super 2nd Chance drawing mailing to the Wisconsin Lottery. The Lottery assumes no responsibility or liability for Super 2nd Chance tickets that are lost, destroyed, or otherwise disqualified from participation in a drawing when such tickets are in the control of the Lottery. All tickets sent to the Wisconsin Lottery to enter the Super 2nd Chance drawings become property of the Wisconsin Lottery and will not be returned. Only tickets sent to and received at the correct address for entry into the Super 2nd Chance drawing will be eligible for the Super 2nd Chance drawing.
E. The method of selecting winners:
Winning numbers are selected by a random drawing conducted in accordance with sec. 565.27 (2) Wis. Stats.
F. The method of making payments to the winners:
- Subject to Wisconsin Lottery validation procedures, an original ticket (not a copy) shall be the only proof of a game play or plays. The submission of a winning ticket, signed by one holder of that winning ticket, which shall be a single human being, to the Wisconsin Lottery or a Wisconsin Lottery retailer shall be the sole method of claiming a prize or prizes. Payment of any prize totaling six hundred dollars ($600) or more requires the claimant to provide his or her Social Security number, his or her Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or a properly completed IRS Form W-8BEN (i.e. a Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting) by the claim deadline under section F(7). For-profit and non-profit entities, trusts and other non-human APPROVED BY WISCONSIN LOTTERY May 2023 beings are not eligible to play or claim a prize in this game. The Wisconsin Lottery is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets or tickets damaged after purchase such that validation information is not available to complete validation procedures on the ticket.
- Tickets are void if stolen, mutilated, altered, counterfeit, unreadable, misregistered, defective, or otherwise fail validation tests. "Defective" includes but is not limited to errors in the computer software, computer hardware, code, or programming of the game. The Lottery at its sole discretion reserves the right to pay any mutilated or misregistered ticket based upon the facts and circumstances of the particular claim. Such action by the Lottery is final and non-reviewable.
- Prizes less than six hundred dollars ($600) may be claimed and paid through a Wisconsin Lottery office or a Wisconsin Lottery retailer by the claim deadline under section F(7). Payment of any prize totaling one hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred ninety-nine dollars ($199,999) or less may be made by either 1) signing the back of the original winning ticket, completing a Lottery claim form and presenting it in person to any Lottery office for validation and payment by the claim deadline under section F(7), or 2) by signing the back of the original winning ticket, completing a Lottery claim form and mailing it for validation and payment to Lottery Headquarters in Madison. If claiming a prize by mail, the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be mailed to Lottery Headquarters in Madison in a properly addressed envelope with the postage duly prepaid by the claim deadline under section F(7). Payment of any prize totaling two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000) or more must be made by signing the back of the original winning ticket, completing a Lottery claim form and presenting it in person to the Lottery Headquarters in Madison for validation and payment by the claim deadline under section F(7). Personal appearance at the Lottery headquarters in Madison may be waived at the Lottery Division Administrator's sole discretion. All prizes will be paid in cash or by check.
- All tickets sent to the Wisconsin Lottery for the purpose of redemption become property of the Lottery and will not be returned. All tickets winning $600 or more that are submitted in person to a Lottery office for the purpose of redemption will not be returned after the signed ticket is received by the Lottery. Signed, unpaid tickets winning $599 or less that are submitted in person to a Lottery office may be returned at the sole discretion of the Lottery. No winning ticket will be returned once the prize for that ticket has been paid by a Lottery office, regardless of the winning amount. Non-winning tickets that are submitted in person to a Lottery office may be returned at the sole discretion of the Lottery.
- Prizes may be paid after the drawing, once calculation of authorized prize amounts is completed.
- Until such time as a signature is placed upon a ticket in the area designated for signature, a ticket shall be owned (held) by the bearer of the ticket. When a signature is placed on the ticket in the place designated, the person whose signature appears in the area shall be the owner (holder) of the ticket and shall be entitled (subject to validation requirements) to any prize attributable thereto.
- The holder of a winning MAY MADNESS RAFFLE ticket must claim the prize, in accordance with section F(3), within one hundred eighty (180) calendar days after the drawing date or the prize shall be forfeited. If claiming a prize in person at a Lottery Validations Office, the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be received by the Lottery within one hundred eighty (180) calendar days after the drawing date. If claiming a prize by mail, the postage prepaid envelope containing the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be postmarked on or before the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline. The envelope containing the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be
APPROVED BY WISCONSIN LOTTERY May 2023 received by the Wisconsin Lottery Validations Office within fourteen (14) calendar days after the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline or the prize shall be forfeited. All required claimant information must be received by the Wisconsin Lottery Validations Office in Madison within fourteen (14) calendar days after the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline or the prize shall be forfeited. In the event that the Governor declares a state-wide emergency or similar unforeseen circumstance occurs, the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of the Wisconsin Lottery Division Administrator.
- Pursuant to Wisconsin's Open Records law (sec. 19.31-19.39 Wis. Stats.), the Lottery is required to disclose a winner's name, place of residence and, if acquired, likeness. If a player wins and claims a prize, the Lottery may use his or her name, likeness, and place of residence without compensation for any purpose. Upon claiming a prize, a winner waives any claims against the Lottery and its representatives for any and all liability which may result from the disclosure or use of such information.
- Any player violating these Features and Procedures is ineligible to win a prize. Any play or combination of plays that would guarantee a Top Prize win is void.
- Prize payments are subject to the provisions of sec. 565.30 Wis. Stats.
Sign up for Players Club
Join Players Club and receive daily emails about winning numbers, game information, exclusive Lottery news, giveaway alerts, winner announcements, and more!