Our offices are closed Monday 07/04 and will reopen Tuesday 07/05
FEATURES AND PROCEDURES
WISCONSIN'S MEGABUCKS WITH EZ MATCH
A. The theme and name of the game:
The name of this game is WISCONSIN'S MEGABUCKS WITH EZ MATCH. It comprises two separate games. Game One, called WISCONSIN’S MEGABUCKS, is a game in which the player selects a set of six different numbers from one (1) to forty-nine (49). At the player’s option, numbers may be player-selected or randomly selected by computer.
The six (6) winning numbers are randomly selected by a drawing. A pari-mutuel prize is awarded for correctly matching, in any order, six (6) of the six (6) numbers drawn. Set prizes are awarded for correctly matching, in any order, five (5), four (4), or three (3) of the six (6) numbers drawn.
Game Two, called EZ MATCH, is a game in which players match any of the five EZ NUMBERS (randomly printed by the terminal on the ticket) to one of the Megabucks numbers they played in Game One to win the corresponding prize shown for that same matching EZ NUMBER. Each prize associated with a specific EZ NUMBER can only be won once. The WISCONSIN’S MEGABUCKS and EZ MATCH games are played separately.
These WISCONSIN'S MEGABUCKS WITH EZ MATCH Features and Procedures do not apply to tickets for WISCONSIN'S MEGABUCKS which has its own Features and Procedures.
For the purposes of the Lottery’s Retailer Performance Program, this game is considered a jackpot game.
B. The price of tickets:
- The price of a ticket is two dollars ($2.00), or such other price as set by the Lottery Division Administrator, which entitles the player to enter two plays (two (2) sets of six (6) different numbers from a field of one (1) to forty-nine (49)) in each drawing for which the ticket is purchased. In addition, the player will receive one set of five (5) EZ NUMBERS also from one (1) to forty-nine (49) and a corresponding prize amount for each EZ NUMBER.
- Tickets purchased for the current drawing may also be purchased for the next seven (7) drawings for Game One only. In its sole discretion, the Lottery may designate that fewer than eight (8) drawings are available for purchase. Tickets may only be purchased for consecutive drawings starting with the next drawing available for purchase. EZ MATCH numbers apply only to the numbers selected for Game One on the ticket and are not matched to winning numbers in any drawing, current or subsequent. Consequently, tickets purchased for subsequent draws will cost only one dollar ($1.00) per draw for each WISCONSIN’S MEGABUCKS game play only.
- Options to select future drawings and player-selected numbers may be limited on Wisconsin Lottery vending machines.
- Tickets cannot be cancelled, and there are no refunds. It is the sole responsibility of the player to verify the accuracy of the game plays. The placing of plays is done at the player's own risk through a retailer who enters the plays.
- A Lottery Retailer, group of Lottery Retailers, or the Lottery itself shall not directly or knowingly sell a play or combination of plays to any person or entity that would guarantee such purchaser a Jackpot win. A player or group of players shall not directly or knowingly purchase a play or combination of plays that would guarantee such purchaser a Jackpot win.
C. The prize structure, including the number and value of prizes:
- All prizes are funded solely out of the tickets purchased. Approximately fifty-eight and three tenths percent (58.3%) of each dollar played is allocated to prizes. Game One has a prize payout of approximately fifty-three and five tenths percent (53.5%) and Game Two has a prize payout of approximately sixty-three and one tenths percent (63.1%).
Prizes for Game One are awarded as follows:
MATCH ODDS PRIZE 6 of 6 1:6,991,908 Guaranteed minimum annuitizied jackpot of $1 million, which is divided equally among all valid game plays which match, in any order, six of the six numbers drawn. This jackpot is the same as the one for the Wisconsin’s Megabucks game. 5 of 6 1:27,101 Set prize of $500 for each valid game play which correctly matches, in any order, five of the six numbers drawn. 4 of 6 1:517 Set prize of $30 for each valid game play which correctly matches, in any order, four of the six numbers drawn. 3 of 6 1:29 Set prize of $2 for each valid game play which correctly matches, in any order, three of the six numbers drawn.
The prize structure for Game Two, including the number and value of prizes and the odds of each prize are as follows:
PRIZE AMOUNT APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF PRIZES PER 120,000 PLAYS ODDS OF WINNING $1 25,525 1:5 $2 4,000 1:30 $5 1,000 1:120 $10 600 1:200 $25 300 1:400 $50 175 1:686 $250 60 1:2,000
- If the jackpot prize is not won in a drawing, the prize money allocated to the Jackpot Prize Pool shall be added to the Jackpot Prize Pool for the next drawing.
- Jackpot prizes shall be paid, at the election of the jackpot winner, with either a per winner annuity or cash option payment. A jackpot winner has sixty (60) days from the date of ticket validation to select either the annuity payment method or cash option payment method. If a jackpot winner does not select a payment method within sixty (60) days from the date of ticket validation, then the prize shall be paid as an annuity prize. An election made after the winner becomes entitled to the prize is final and cannot be revoked, withdrawn or otherwise changed.
A cash option payment of the jackpot prize is equal to the total cash held for the Jackpot Prize Pool, not to be less than four hundred thousand dollars ($400,000).
- The Lottery Division Administrator shall have the option to specify different set amounts for all prizes except the jackpot for a specified drawing or drawings.
- The holder of a winning ticket may win only one (1) prize per Game One play (set of six (6) numbers) in connection with the numbers drawn, and shall be entitled only to the highest prize won by matching those numbers. In addition, no EZ NUMBER can win its corresponding prize more than once regardless of how many times that EZ NUMBER appears in the sets of six (6) numbers for Game One. However, the player may win on both the EZ MATCH portion and each Game One set of six (6) numbers.
D. The frequency of drawings:
There will be two drawings each week, usually on Wednesdays and Saturdays, after 9:00 PM Central Time. Tickets for a drawing may not be sold after 8:59:59 PM on the evening of that drawing; all tickets sold after the 9:00 PM draw break on the day of a drawing will be issued for the next drawing(s). Drawing dates and times may be changed by the Lottery Division Administrator to meet the operational needs of the Lottery.
For a period of time, at the discretion of the Lottery Division Administrator, WISCONSIN'S MEGABUCKS WITH EZ MATCH tickets may count towards entry in Super 2nd Chance drawings. The Wisconsin Lottery will not be responsible for any neglect, failure, or omission on the part of the U.S. Postal Service or any other delivery or courier service used to deliver a player's Super 2nd Chance drawing mailing to the Wisconsin Lottery. The Lottery assumes no responsibility or liability for Super 2nd Chance tickets that are lost, destroyed, or otherwise disqualified from participation in a drawing when such tickets are in the control of the Lottery. All tickets sent to the Wisconsin Lottery to enter the Super 2nd Chance drawings become property of the Wisconsin Lottery and will not be returned. Only tickets sent to and received at the correct address for entry into the Super 2nd Chance drawing will be eligible for the Super 2nd Chance drawing.
E. The method of selecting winners:
Winning numbers for Game One are selected by a random drawing conducted in accordance with sec. 565.27 (2) Wis. Stats.
For Game Two, the holder of a ticket showing any one of the five EZ NUMBERS that matches one of the twelve Megabucks numbers on the ticket for the drawing shall win the corresponding prize shown for that same matching EZ NUMBER. Each prize associated with a specific EZ NUMBER can only be won once.
F. The method of making payments to the winners:
- Subject to Wisconsin Lottery validation procedures, an original ticket (not a copy) shall be the only proof of a game play or plays. The submission of a winning ticket, signed by one holder of that winning ticket, which shall be a single human being, to the Wisconsin Lottery or a Wisconsin Lottery retailer shall be the sole method of claiming a prize or prizes. Payment of any prize totaling six hundred dollars ($600) or more requires the claimant to provide his or her Social Security number, his or her Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or a properly completed IRS Form W-8BEN (i.e. a Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting) by the claim deadline under section F(9). For-profit and non-profit entities, trusts and other non-human beings are not eligible to play or claim a prize in this game. The Wisconsin Lottery is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets or tickets damaged after purchase such that validation information is not available to complete validation procedures on the ticket.
- Tickets are void if stolen, mutilated, altered, counterfeit, unreadable, misregistered, defective, or otherwise fail validation tests. "Defective" includes but is not limited to errors in the computer software, computer hardware, code or programming of the game. The Lottery at its sole discretion reserves the right to pay any mutilated or misregistered ticket based upon the facts and circumstances of the particular claim. Such action by the Lottery is final and non-reviewable.
- Prizes less than six hundred dollars ($600) may be claimed and paid through a Wisconsin Lottery office or a Wisconsin Lottery retailer by the claim deadline under section F(9). Payment of any prize totaling one hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred ninety-nine dollars ($199,999) or less may be made by either 1) signing the back of the original winning ticket, completing a Lottery claim form and presenting it in person to any Lottery office for validation and payment by the claim deadline under section F(9), or 2) by signing the back of the original winning ticket, completing a Lottery claim form and mailing it for validation and payment to Lottery Headquarters in Madison. If claiming a prize by mail, the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be mailed to Lottery Headquarters in Madison in a properly addressed envelope with the postage duly prepaid by the claim deadline under section F(9). Payment of any prize totaling two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000) or more must be made by signing the back of the original winning ticket, completing a Lottery claim form and presenting it in person to the Lottery Headquarters in Madison for validation and payment by the claim deadline under section F(9). Personal appearance at the Lottery headquarters in Madison may be waived at the Lottery Division Administrator's sole discretion. All prizes except the jackpot will be paid in cash or by check.
- All tickets sent to the Wisconsin Lottery for the purpose of redemption become property of the Lottery and will not be returned. All tickets winning $600 or more that are submitted in person to a Lottery office for the purpose of redemption will not be returned after the signed ticket is received by the Lottery. Signed, unpaid tickets winning $599 or less that are submitted in person to a Lottery office may be returned at the sole discretion of the Lottery. No winning ticket will be returned once the prize for that ticket has been paid by a Lottery office, regardless of the winning amount. Non-winning tickets that are submitted in person to a Lottery office may be returned at the sole discretion of the Lottery.
- Cash option jackpot prizes shall be paid by check or wire transfer. All annuitized jackpot prizes shall be paid in twenty-five (25) annual installments, with the initial payment being made by check, to be followed by twenty-four (24) annual payments funded by an annuity. The initial annuity payment will be determined by a mathematical formula based on current market interest rates and will be rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Each subsequent annual payment shall increase by three and seven-tenths percent (3.7%) of the previous annual payment and be rounded to the nearest whole dollar. The Lottery shall purchase or cause to be purchased funding mechanisms for each valid prize paid as an annuity. Title to the annuities so purchased shall be held by the State of Wisconsin and the proceeds used for payment of the respective prizes.
In the event of the death of a jackpot prize winner during the payment period, the Lottery, in its sole discretion, upon the petition by the estate of the jackpot prize winner (the "estate") to the Lottery, and subject to Wisconsin law, may accelerate the payment of all of the remaining lottery proceeds to the estate. If the Lottery makes such a determination, then securities and cash held for the deceased jackpot prize winner, which represents the present value of that portion of the future lottery payments that are to be accelerated, shall be distributed to the estate. The valuation of the securities and determination of the present value of the accelerated lottery payments shall be at the sole discretion of the Lottery.
- An unclaimed jackpot prize is not shared among those who claimed the prize. (For example: for a particular drawing, there were two (2) winning plays for the jackpot, but only one (1) prize claim based on only one (1) of the tickets is made within one hundred eighty (180) days after the drawing date. The one prize claimant is entitled to only one-half (1/2) share of the jackpot.)
- Game One prizes may be paid the morning after the drawing, provided calculation of authorized prize amounts is completed. Game Two prizes may be paid immediately after the ticket is generated.
- Until such time as a signature is placed upon a ticket in the area designated for signature, a ticket shall be owned (held) by the bearer of the ticket. When a signature is placed on the ticket in the place designated, the person whose signature appears in the area shall be the owner (holder) of the ticket and shall be entitled (subject to validation requirements) to any prize attributable thereto.
- The holder of a winning WISCONSIN'S MEGABUCKS WITH EZ MATCH ticket must claim the prize, in accordance with section F(3), within one hundred eighty (180) calendar days after the drawing date for Game One, or within one hundred eighty (180) calendar days after the ticket is generated for Game Two, or the prize shall be forfeited. If claiming a prize in person at a Lottery Validations Office, the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be received by the Lottery within one hundred eighty (180) calendar days after the drawing date for Game One and within one hundred eighty (180) calendar days after the ticket is generated for Game Two. If claiming a prize by mail, the postage prepaid envelope containing the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be postmarked on or before the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline. The envelope containing the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be received by the Wisconsin Lottery Validations Office in Madison within fourteen (14) calendar days after the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline or the prize shall be forfeited. All required claimant information must be received by the Wisconsin Lottery Validations Office in Madison within fourteen (14) calendar days after the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline or the prize shall be forfeited. In the event that the Governor declares a state-wide emergency or similar unforeseen circumstance occurs, the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of the Wisconsin Lottery Division Administrator.
- Pursuant to Wisconsin's Open Records law (sec. 19.31-19.39 Wis. Stats.), the Lottery is required to disclose a winner's name, place of residence and, if acquired, likeness. If a player wins and claims a prize, the Lottery may use his or her name, likeness and place of residence without compensation for any purpose. Upon claiming a prize, a winner waives any claims against the Lottery and its representatives for any and all liability which may result from the disclosure or use of such information.
- Any player violating these Features and Procedures is ineligible to win a prize. Any play or combination of plays that would guarantee a Jackpot win is void.
- Prize payments are subject to the provision of sec. 565.30 Wis. Stats.
Sign up for Players Club
Join Players Club and receive daily emails about winning numbers, game information, exclusive Lottery news, giveaway alerts, winner announcements, and more!