(Instant Scratch Game # 2356)
- The theme and name of the game: CAPTAIN CROSSWORD. Scratch YOUR 18 LETTERS box to reveal your 18 letters. Scratch the BONUS box to reveal two additional letters. If you revealed two identical letters in the BONUS box, win prize shown in the PRIZE spot. Scratch only the letters in the crossword PUZZLE that match those in the YOUR 18 LETTERS box and the letter(s) in the BONUS box. Scratch each of the 4 "BURST" symbols in the PUZZLE. Each "BURST" symbol is a free match and counts as a matched letter in that WORD. Reveal 3 or more complete WORDS in the PUZZLE, win prize indicated in the PRIZE KEY. If you win in the PUZZLE and any one of the completely uncovered WORDS has a "BURST" symbol in the WORD, win DOUBLE the prize shown in the PRIZE KEY for that same winning play. Only highest prize won in the PUZZLE will be paid.
- The price of tickets: Three dollars ($3.00), or as otherwise set by the Administrator.
- The prize structure including the number and value of prizes and the odds on each prize are as follows:
PRIZE AMOUNT APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF PRIZES ODDS OF WINNING $3 230,400 1:7 $5 100,800 1:15 $6 28,800 1:51 $10 28,800 1:50 $20 28,800 1:50 $50 8,178 1:177 $100 180 1:8,000 $1,000 3 1:480,000 $30,000 2 1:720,000
Odds and prize statements are based on initial game prize structure and may vary over the life of the game. Entry or non-entry of CAPTAIN CROSSWORD tickets to the Lottery Super 2nd Chance drawings does not affect the prize structure of the CAPTAIN CROSSWORD game.
- The frequency of drawings: There are no drawings in the CAPTAIN CROSSWORD game, however, for a period of time, at the discretion of the Lottery Division Administrator CAPTAIN CROSSWORD tickets may count towards entry in Lottery Super 2nd Chance drawings. The Wisconsin Lottery will not be responsible for any neglect, failure or omission on the part of the U.S. Postal Service or any other delivery/courier service used to deliver a player's Super 2nd Chance Drawing mailing to the Wisconsin Lottery. The Lottery assumes no responsibility or liability for Super 2nd Chance tickets that are lost, or destroyed or otherwise disqualified from participation in a drawing when such tickets are in the control of the Lottery. All tickets sent to the 2 Wisconsin Lottery to enter the Super 2nd Chance drawings become property of the Wisconsin Lottery and will not be returned. Only tickets sent to and received at the correct address for entry into the Super 2nd Chance drawing will be eligible for the Super 2nd Chance drawing.
- The method of selecting winners: There is one (1) crossword PUZZLE and one (1) BONUS box play area on each CAPTAIN CROSSWORD ticket. The uncovered BONUS box play area will contain either two (2) identical bonus letters or two (2) different bonus letters. The uncovered BONUS box play area also contains a PRIZE amount.
The holder of a ticket showing two (2) identical bonus letters in the uncovered BONUS box shall win the prize amount shown in the uncovered PRIZE spot. (For example, two letter K's in the BONUS box would win the prize in the PRIZE spot.) No BONUS box prize is won if two (2) different letters are showing. (For example, a letter C and a letter G in the BONUS box would not win the prize amount in the PRIZE spot.)
The holder of a ticket where the letters in the uncovered YOUR 18 LETTERS box and in the uncovered BONUS box match the letters in the crossword PUZZLE to complete three (3) or more complete WORDS shall win the prize shown in the PRIZE KEY for that same number of complete WORDS.
The holder of a ticket where the letters in the uncovered YOUR 18 LETTERS box and in the uncovered BONUS box match the letters in the crossword PUZZLE to complete three (3) or more complete WORDS, and where one (1) of those completed WORDS has a "BURST" symbol imaged in place of one (1) of the letter spots within that WORD, shall win two (2) times the prize amount shown in the PRIZE KEY for that same number of complete WORDS.
The possible complete WORDS on the ticket will be shown on the PUZZLE. Each possible complete WORD consists of three (3) or more letters and fills a complete word space. Letters in the PUZZLE combined to form a complete WORD must appear in a continuous horizontal (from left to right) or vertical (from top to bottom) sequence in a word space on the PUZZLE, and must completely fill that word space. Each of the four (4) "BURST" symbols within the PUZZLE is a free match and counts as a matched letter in that possible complete WORD. A word within a complete WORD such as “cab” within “cabin” is not a complete WORD, since it does not completely fill the word space. Letters forming a word filling a complete word space can only be used to form one (1) complete WORD (e.g. – "base" and "ball" within "baseball" are considered only one complete word). Complete WORDS cannot be formed on the PUZZLE by linking letters diagonally, or by reading the letters from right to left or bottom to top. The YOUR 18 LETTERS box and BONUS box play areas must contain all of the letters in a possible complete WORD in order to form that WORD in the PUZZLE. A DOUBLER won in the PUZZLE does not apply to any prize won in the BONUS box. A winning PUZZLE can win only the highest prize or (if a "BURST" symbol is imaged in place of one (1) of the letter spots within one of the completed WORDS as previously described in these features and procedures) double the highest prize shown in the PRIZE KEY for that same winning pattern.
- The method of making payments to winners:
- Submission of the original ticket (not a copy), as provided below, shall be the sole method of claiming a prize.
- Payment of prizes under six hundred dollars ($600) may be made by presenting the ticket for validation and payment to any Wisconsin Lottery retailer by the claim deadline under 6(G).
- The original winning ticket must be signed by a single human being. For-profit and non-profit entities, trusts, and other non-human beings are not eligible to play or claim a prize in this game. Payment of any prize totaling six hundred dollars ($600) or more requires the claimant to provide his or her Social Security number, his or her Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or a properly completed IRS Form W-8BEN (i.e. a Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting). Payment of any prize totaling one hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred ninety-nine dollars ($199,999) or less may be made by either 1) signing the back of the original winning ticket, completing a Lottery claim form and presenting it in person to any Lottery office for validation and payment by the claim deadline under section 6(G), or 2) by signing the back of the original winning ticket, completing a Lottery claim form and mailing it for validation and payment to Lottery Headquarters in Madison. If claiming a prize by mail, the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be mailed to Lottery Headquarters in Madison in a properly addressed envelope with the postage duly prepaid by the claim deadline under section 6(G). Payment of any prize totaling two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000) or more must be made by signing the back of the original winning ticket, completing a Lottery claim form and presenting it in person to the Lottery Headquarters in Madison for validation and payment by the claim deadline under section 6(G). Personal appearance at the Lottery headquarters in Madison may be waived at the Lottery Division Administrator's sole discretion.
- Tickets are void if stolen, unissued, mutilated, altered, counterfeit, or otherwise fail validation tests. The Lottery at its sole discretion reserves the right to pay any mutilated ticket based upon the facts and circumstances of the particular claim. Such action by the Lottery is final and non-reviewable.
- Tickets are void if misprinted. "Misprinted" means any mistake or difference from the original ticket or game specifications of any kind in the printing, manufacturing, packaging or other processing related to the production or distribution of the ticket caused by the raw materials, processes or handling of the ticket until its ultimate sale to the consumer/player. "Misprinted" includes but is not limited to the tickets being unreadable, misregistered, defective, or multiply printed. Also, "misprinted" includes errors in the computer software, computer hardware, code or programming of the game regardless of whether the errors were imbedded or caused by human action relating to any of the matters mentioned in this paragraph. The Lottery at its sole discretion reserves the right to pay any such "misprinted" ticket based upon the facts and circumstances of the particular claim. Such action by the Lottery is final and non-reviewable.
- All tickets sent to the Wisconsin Lottery for the purpose of redemption become property of the Lottery and will not be returned.
- The holder of a winning CAPTAIN CROSSWORD ticket must claim the prize, in accordance with sections 6(B) or 6(C), within one hundred eighty (180) calendar days after game's end date or the prize shall be forfeited. If claiming a prize by mail, the postage prepaid envelope containing the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be postmarked on or before the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline. The envelope containing the original winning ticket and Lottery claim form must be received by the Wisconsin Lottery Headquarters in Madison within fourteen (14) calendar days after the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline or the prize shall be forfeited. In the event that the Governor declares a state-wide emergency or similar unforeseen circumstance occurs, the one hundred eighty (180) day deadline may be extended in the sole discretion of the Wisconsin Lottery Division Administrator.
- Pursuant to Wisconsin's Open Records law (sec. 19.31-19.39 Wis. Stats.), the Lottery is required to disclose a winner's name, place of residence and, if acquired, likeness. If a player wins and claims a prize, the Lottery may use his or her name, likeness and place of residence without compensation for any purpose. Upon claiming a prize, a winner waives any claims against the Lottery and its representatives for any and all liability which may result from the disclosure or use of such information.
- Prize payments are subject to the provisions of sec. 565.30 Wis. Stats.
Sign up for Players Club
Join Players Club and receive daily emails about winning numbers, game information, exclusive Lottery news, giveaway alerts, winner announcements, and more!