APPROVED BY WISCONSIN LOTTERY - March 13, 2020
FEATURES AND PROCEDURES
SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING
- The theme and name of the drawing: SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING. Five dollars ($5.00) worth of non-winning instant scratch and/or terminal-generated tickets may count for one Lottery SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING entry.
- Cost of one entry: At least five dollars ($5.00) worth of eligible, original (not copied) nonwinning Wisconsin Lottery instant scratch and/or terminal generated tickets, or as otherwise set by the Administrator.
- Prize Structure: Ten (10) winners of one thousand dollars ($1,000) each per weekly drawing. The odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
- The frequency of drawings: One SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING held weekly. The Wisconsin Lottery will not be responsible for any neglect, failure, delay or omission on the part of the U.S. Postal Service or any other delivery or courier service used to deliver a player's SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING mailing to the Wisconsin Lottery. The Lottery assumes no responsibility or liability for SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING tickets that are lost, destroyed or otherwise disqualified from participation in a drawing when such tickets are in the control of the Lottery. All tickets sent to the Wisconsin Lottery's SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING address become the property of the Wisconsin Lottery and will not be returned. Only tickets sent to and received at the correct SUPER 2ND CHANCE address for entry into the SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING will be eligible for the SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING. The Lottery, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel a particular SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING based upon the facts and circumstances preceding that particular drawing. Such action by the Lottery is final and non-reviewable.
- The method of selecting winners: Submission of the original ticket or tickets (not copies) shall be the sole method of entering a drawing. Players may enter the Lottery SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING by enclosing at least five dollars ($5.00) worth of eligible, original (not copied) non-winning tickets from any Wisconsin Lottery instant scratch and/or terminal generated games for which the Features and Procedures allow non-winning tickets to be entered into a SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING and for which the prize claim period has not expired, in an envelope no larger than 4.5 inches by 9.5 inches, and placing the envelope, postage prepaid by the sender, in the U.S. Mail addressed to the following address:
SUPER 2ND CHANCE
PO BOX 77006
MADISON, WI 53707-1006
Entries must be received by the Lottery at the correct address through the U.S. Mail; they cannot be submitted by personal delivery to a Wisconsin Lottery office or retailer or any other location. Each envelope which contains at least five dollars ($5.00) worth of 2 eligible, original non-winning tickets and which is no larger than 4.5 inches by 9.5 inches shall constitute a single entry regardless how many tickets or envelopes are enclosed. Any entries mailed in an envelope larger than 4.5 inches by 9.5 inches will be disqualified because the enclosing envelope exceeds size limitations.
At least one of the non-winning tickets should be completed with the player's name, address and phone number. If the envelope does not contain the complete name and address information, but the player's name and address can be determined from the entry envelope and its contents, then the entry may be qualified for the Lottery SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING; provided, however, the Lottery Administrator, as a condition of awarding the prize, may require the player to sign an affidavit, in a form satisfactory to the Lottery Administrator, confirming that the ticket was entered by the player in the Lottery SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING. If the name on a ticket is different than the name on the envelope, then the name on the ticket shall be awarded the prize (i.e. the name on the ticket supersedes the name on the envelope). If multiple names are listed on a ticket, then the first name listed shall be awarded the prize. Any entry in which a sole player cannot be determined from the entry envelope and its contents will be disqualified.
Only tickets for which the prize claim period has not expired will be eligible for the SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING. At the time of the drawing, any non-winning ticket that is beyond the one hundred eighty (180) day claim period shall be disqualified.
Any winning ticket entered in this drawing that has not been previously validated on the Lottery gaming system will be counted toward the ticket eligibility requirement for entry into the drawing. That ticket will be ineligible for any prize for which it would otherwise have entitled the holder; however, if an entry is received and the total value of the prize it would otherwise be entitled to is greater than one thousand dollars ($1,000), the greater amount will be paid, that entry will be disqualified from the drawing, and an alternate will be assigned for the SUPER 2nd CHANCE DRAWING slot for that entry. The total value of any merchandise, experiential, or other noncash prize (including any prize package that is a combination of cash and noncash prizes) shall be the total prize value for that prize as stated in the Features and Procedures for the game in which that prize can be won.
Any winning ticket that has been previously validated on the Lottery gaming system is not eligible for the SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING, will not count toward the ticket eligibility requirement, and will not be entitled to any additional prize payment.
A drawing will be held weekly on Thursdays. Drawing dates may be changed by the Lottery Administrator to meet the operational needs of the Lottery.
Entry envelopes will be drawn at random. In each weekly drawing, the first ten valid entries drawn shall each win one thousand dollars ($1,000). Additional entry envelopes will be drawn, with the order in which the entries are drawn being noted. These additional entries will be considered “alternates” for Lottery SUPER 2ND CHANCE players in the event any of the original ten envelopes drawn are disqualified, and will be used in the order determined by the drawing.
A Lottery SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING player is only eligible to be drawn once per drawing. Once an eligible Lottery SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING entry has been drawn for a specific individual, any subsequent entries drawn for that same individual in that same drawing will be disqualified.
Tickets are void if stolen, unissued, mutilated, altered, unreadable, counterfeit, defective, multiply printed or fail validation tests. The Lottery, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to identify any "mutilated", "unreadable" or "defective" tickets as such, based upon the facts and circumstances of the particular ticket. Such action by the Lottery is final and non-reviewable.
Tickets are void if misprinted. "Misprinted" means any mistake or difference from the original ticket or game specifications of any kind in the printing, manufacturing, packaging or other processing related to the production or distribution of the ticket caused by the raw materials, processes or handling of the ticket until its ultimate sale to the consumer or player. "Misprinted" includes but is not limited to the tickets being unreadable, misregistered, defective, or multiply printed. Also, "misprinted" includes errors in the computer software, computer hardware, code or programming regardless of whether the errors were imbedded or caused by human action relating to any of the matters mentioned in this paragraph. The Lottery at its sole discretion reserves the right to identify a "misprinted" ticket as such, based on the facts and circumstances of the particular ticket. Such action by the Lottery is final and non-reviewable.
All entries in a particular SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING, excluding those awarded prizes and those identified as alternates, shall be promptly destroyed.
All drawings are in accordance with sec. 565.27 (2) Wis. Stats.
- The method of making payments to winners:
- All prizes shall be paid as soon as reasonably possible.
- The winner of a SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING prize must claim the prize within one hundred eighty (180) calendar days after the drawing date or the prize will be forfeited.
- All tickets sent to the Wisconsin Lottery for the purpose of entering a drawing become property of the Lottery and will not be returned.
- Lottery retailers will not be paid Retailer Performance Program winning ticket incentives for any SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING prize.
- For-profit and non-profit entities, trusts, and other non-human beings are not eligible to claim a prize in the SUPER 2ND CHANCE DRAWING.
- Payment of any prize totaling six hundred dollars ($600) or more requires the claimant to provide his or her Social Security number, his or her Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or a properly completed IRS Form W-8BEN (i.e. 4 a Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting).
- Pursuant to Wisconsin's Open Records law (sec. 19.31-19.39 Wis. Stats.), the Lottery is required to disclose a winner's name, place of residence and, if acquired, likeness. If a player wins and claims a prize, the Lottery may use his or her name, likeness and place of residence without compensation for any purpose. Upon claiming a prize, a winner waives any claims against the Lottery and its representatives for any and all liability which may result from the disclosure or use of such information.
- Prize payments are subject to the provisions of sec. 565.30 Wis. Stats.
Sign up for Players Club
Join Players Club
Join Players Club and receive daily emails about winning numbers, game information, exclusive Lottery news, giveaway alerts, winner announcements, and more!